Local Mental Health Services
Life has been very difficult this year during Covid restrictions when many of our social activities have stopped and many of us are spending a lot of time alone. If you are feeling very depressed or worried and need extra support, or just someone to talk to, here is a list of local and national organisations that can help. Many are available 24/7 as a call for help may come at any time, but often at night or at weekends.
Mental Health Emergency Numbers
Are you feeling anxious, distressed, frightened, overwhelmed, suicidal, or having a panic attack? Need urgent local support?
- First try calling East Cliff Practice 01843 855 800
- When closed call 111
- Call Kent and Medway’s Single Point of Access on 0300 222 0123 (24/7) or text 07860 022819 (8am-10pm)
- Or call the Mental Health Matters team on 0800 107 0160. Free, confidential and open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Thanet Safe Haven on 07850 655877 6pm – 11pm 365 days or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your usual sources of support are closed Safe Haven in Thanet offers mental health support to Kent residents aged 16+, including healthcare professionals.
- East Kent Mind 0795 060 8827 or visit their website
- Wellbeing line 0203 912 0032 is open Monday - Friday 2pm-5pm and Sunday 6pm-10pm
Other organisations that can help
- Samaritans on 116 123 any time
- SILVERLINE 0800 4 70 80 90 Support for senior citizens 24/7
- Still Waters Counselling Team 07768848045
- No Panic Office 01952 680460 Helpline 0844 967 4848 10am- 10pm every day
- Every Mind Matters - Information about stress, sleeplessness, anxiety etc. Also information on what can cause changes in people’s mental health, signs to look out for, advice on things you can do and when people should seek further support. Click here for more information
- We Are With You 01795 500882 or visit their website - for ages 13-25
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.