PPG Minutes: Tuesday 24th October 2023
GP Teams - our current teams are:
- Blue Team – Dr Catherine Neden, Dr John Neden, Dr Pick, Dr Woodward, Dr Mash, Dr Philip, Dr Sivasubramaniam
- Green Team – Dr Kent, Dr Sivakumar, Dr Dawes, Dr Culatto
- Acute Care Team – Dr Macpherson
- Helen Sladen will join us in October as a Physicians Associate
- Liana is now the new nursing team administrator and may be a familiar face as she was previously on reception.
- Gerald has now retired.
- Sarah Winstone has now started her role as Deputy Practice Manager.
- Amanda in HR left at the end of October after 19 years.
- Donna-Medical secretary left after 18 years at the practice.
- Theresa has joined the team as a receptionist/care navigator.
Other staff changes
- As we are a training practice, our current GP registrars are Dr Ivchenko Dr Martin and Dr Ucha, who is in his final l6months of training.
- We now have KMMS year 1 & year 4 students in practice various placement dates throughout the year.
Other evolving changes within the practice
- New telephone system — has now been in place for 12months.
- We are offering more face to face appointment
- Registration packs are now handed out on the 1st Wednesday of every month instead of Saturday mornings. High number of patients choosing to change practice locally. Now seeing patients from The Grange who are concerned by the thought of relocating to Westwood Cross. Dashwood surgery are under new management.
The amount of packs available depends on our current patient numbers and are available on a first come first serve basis. We do not hold a waiting list for new patient packs.
- Total attempts to call the practice 146,610 –Total calls answered 81,573
The changing face of primary care
In 2016 Primary care looked like this:
- GP registrars
- Practice Nurses
- Health care assistants
In 2023 Primary care now has many more clinical teams:
- GP registrars
- Physicians Associates
- Advanced nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Pharmacists
- Pharmacy Technician
- First Contact Physio
- Nursing Associate
- Care Navigators
- Focussed Care Practitioners
- E-consult hours are now back to 8-18.30 Monday –Friday. E-consults numbers appear to be selling.
Access to Appointments
- We currently have a team of 12 GPs (excluding our Acute Care Team doctor) and access is seen as quite good. BMA guidance suggests that surgeries should be providing around 72 appointments per 1000 patient population.
- East Cliff currently offers around 95 appointments per 1000 of practice population – these appointments are spread across doctors, nurses and other clinics.
Face to Face Appointments (F2F)
- Our friends & family test has provided very encouraging results and from 2,252 responses. When asked ’How was your experience of our service?’ we had a majority of 82.4% saying ’very good’.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.