BACK TO MAIN INDEX
At East Cliff Practice we are committed to providing a high standard of primary care.
What we will do for you
- You will always be treated with courtesy and respect.
- We will always offer the treatment we believe is best, by a suitably qualified person, with your informed consent.
- We will provide information about our services on our website, in our practice booklets and newsletters.
- We will make every effort to see you promptly. Medical emergencies will receive immediate attention and there will be a duty doctor available each day to deal with these.
- We will offer an appointment within one working day with a doctor for any urgent problem. We will offer you a booked appointment with a specific doctor within 3 working days, whenever possible.
- If you require a specific time and a specific doctor you may have to wait a little longer.
- Medical advice is available 24 hours a day by dialling 111 for the NHS 111 service.
- We will inform you how to get results of investigations.
- Repeat prescriptions requested before 1pm will normally be available after 2 working days. We do not accept requests for prescriptions over the phone.
- We will strive to promote good health through preventative medicine.
- We will respect patients' rights of confidentiality and access to medical records within the law.
- We will try to deal rapidly with any problems or complaints.
What you can do for us
- We feel that you are partners in the care you receive and we ask you to accept your own responsibilities in return.
- We expect you to treat all the surgery staff with respect and courtesy, abuse and violence will not be tolerated.
- If you are unclear about your treatment please ask and try to follow the medical advice offered.
- Please be flexible about appointment times and try to come as early in the day as possible. Reserve the later appointments for those who work or study outside the area.
- Please do not ask for a home visit unless you are too ill or disabled to attend the surgery. If you can get to the surgery we will see you.
- Think carefully before calling out a doctor at night. They are on duty for emergencies only.
- Request repeat prescriptions using your side slip, acute requests must be made in writing using a prescription form. Deliver, post or fax your requests to the surgery. Alternatively click here order your repeat prescriptions on-line
- Let us know if you cannot keep an appointment, our time is valuable and can be used to help someone else.
- Be understanding when unexpected emergencies delay your consultation.
- Find out about how to treat minor illnesses yourself and about disease prevention.
- Many illnesses can be detected early by screening programmes, please take advantage of these.